Mountain Bike Schedule

This is the place to introduce yourself to the club online and ask any questions about where to start.
This forum is open to guests.

Moderator: Committee Member

sherlock
Registered Guest
How Did You Hear About the Club?: 2

Mountain Bike Schedule

Post by sherlock »

Happy new year everybody!

Don't worry this is not just a New Year res, I have cycled consistently fro the last 20 years, bar the last 6 months! Could someone please tell me how to join the cycling groups, I live in Newton Aycliffe and am keen to get my cycling fitness back again?

Thanks you

Steve :D
Badger
Paid Member
How Did You Hear About the Club?: 4

Re: Mountain Bike Schedule

Post by Badger »

Hi Sherlock,

We mountain bike pretty regularly as a club and also less formally as friends as well, usually there are rides on a Saturday morning at 7.30 from Durham and on a Wednesday or Thursday evening from either Durham or around Hamsterley Forest. There tends to be more activity in Summer than winter as you can imagine.

We also go away for the weekend at least once a month to the lakes / Scotland etc, so usually a bunch of folk takes bikes to ride either off road or trail centres. There are also ad hoc weekend rides to hamsterley etc regularly.

The best way to get involved is to come along tot he pub meet and see what you think! We meet on the first Tuesday of every month in the Tap and Spile pub in Framwellgate moor just north of Durham City. The next meet is the 7th Jan which will be our AGM. We are a very friendly club and you will be made welcome, we are ran by a committee of volunteers, including myslef.

Hope to see you there,

Mark
Thanks
sherlock
Registered Guest

Post by sherlock »

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply, where about do you meet on Sat's at 7.30am? and how do i know if you are definitely meting on that Sat?

Many thanks

Steve
Wendy Lynch
Ex Member
How Did You Hear About the Club?: 1

Post by Wendy Lynch »

Hi Steve

Best bet is to come along to the AGM on Tuesday and we'll give you all the info about biking.

Wendy
sherlock
Registered Guest

Post by sherlock »

Hi

Would love to come on Tuesday, however I have several commitments during the week, but have a window on Sat morn's so I'll hang on for some schedules and take it from there . If anyone can send me the biking schedule when sorted I would be grateful.

Many thanks

Steve
Badger
Paid Member
How Did You Hear About the Club?: 4

Post by Badger »

Phil mainly looks after the sat morning rides. I will ask him to contact you.
Thanks
phil
Committee Member
How Did You Hear About the Club?: 0

Post by phil »

Hi Steve
Saturday bike rides start from outside the old lodge pub in Durham (on the A167). The group is not just DMS members, basically all are welcome. Meet at 7:30am for a 2-3hour ride. I am there most weekends, but if not just say you heard about the ride from the Durham Mountain Sports club.

The route vary each week, the basic aim is to ride as much off road single track as possible :D

Hope to see you on Saturday.

Phil