Interested in Mountain Biking

This is the place to introduce yourself to the club online and ask any questions about where to start.
This forum is open to guests.

Moderator: Committee Member

Brian D
Registered Guest
How Did You Hear About the Club?: 2

Interested in Mountain Biking

Post by Brian D »

Hi,

I am interetsed in joining DMS for regular Mountain Biking outings. I enjoy night riding locally (with lights during winter) and weekend riding at Hamsterley, North Yorks Moors, Weardale, Yorkshire dales,,,, anywhere... I have a car and so can transport a couple of bikes.

I've been riding regularly over the last 18 months at trail centres like Dalby Forest Red and Hamsterley and also rides local to Durham.

Could you let me know when your next ride is scheduled for, who I need to contact and meeting points, etc.

Many thanks,,,, Brian
Badger
Paid Member
How Did You Hear About the Club?: 4

Re: Interested in Mountain Biking

Post by Badger »

Hi Brian, thanks for getting in touch.

The club usually rides on Thursday evenings (mainly Hamsterley or also Durham area) and some chaps often get out on a Saturday morning - this is around the Durham area (best to contact Phil via PM as these don't tend to get posted on the forum). Also we ad-hocly bike on weekends, either locally or on the weekends away.

Climbing is usually on a Tuesday, however on the first week of the month (i.e. this week) when the regular club meet is on at the Tap & Spile, the climbing is moved to the Thursday, so often when this occurs its a toss up for some regular bikers between climbing and biking. As of now there is no plan to ride this Thursday.

We will have a ride this Sunday, appx 11.30 at Hamsterley - see under the MTB section, this will be a bit of a rookie ride as a few newbies to MTB will coming along, but you would be more than welcome to join us, otherwise watch the forum and we'll be out soon!

Badger
Thanks
Brian D
Registered Guest
How Did You Hear About the Club?: 2

Post by Brian D »

Hi Badger,

Sounds good. I'll come along on Sunday. Which car park do you gather at and how will I recognize you? I will be driving a light blue Land Rover Discovery. My mobile is 07521 723597.

Thanks,,,, Brian
Badger
Paid Member
How Did You Hear About the Club?: 4

Post by Badger »

cheers Brian, we wont have reception at hamsters.

11.30 by map board in main carpark.
Thanks
mikec
Committee Member
How Did You Hear About the Club?: 7

Post by mikec »

Hi,

I can't make it on Sunday now - have fun. I should be ok for next Sat though.

cheers,
Michael