cycling newbie

This is the place to introduce yourself to the club online and ask any questions about where to start.
This forum is open to guests.

Moderator: Committee Member

cycling newbie

Post by Newbie »

Hi Im a middle aged female interested in cycling with a group either evenings or weekends. Is there a regular group that meets to ride -=(if so where and when). I did the C2C about 3 years ago -major achievement was that I didnt get off and walk up the hills (even Crawleyside)!! but since then my fitness has nosedived and need to get started again - dont think it will take me long -but not instantly up to any marathon type of riding. My idea of fun is a good ride ending at a pub and a few laughs. Other hobbies skiiing/scuba diving/gym. In my misspent youth did lots of flying and skydiving so up for most things and like a taste of adventure even given the the odd grey hairs and wrinkles these days.
phil
Committee Member
How Did You Hear About the Club?: 0

Re: cycling newbie

Post by phil »

Hi there. There are two regular rides each week, Thursday evening usually meet at the layby on Toll House Road that leads to the railway bike trials (19:20). For the more adventurous there is a Saturday morning ride meeting at 07:30 outside the Lodge pub.

The evening ride is the easier ride so I recommend you try that first. Please do check the forum before setting out as we do occasionally go to Hamsterley or other local venues.. Also it is worth posting on the forum when you go so we know everyone has turned up.

Phil