Another new member?

This is the place to introduce yourself to the club online and ask any questions about where to start.
This forum is open to guests.

Moderator: Committee Member

jasonh1967
Ex Member
How Did You Hear About the Club?: 1

Another new member?

Post by jasonh1967 »

Hi,
I'm looking into joining Durham mountain sports and wondering when is good to come down and meet up with some of the group?
I'm keen on mainly cycling, walking and kayaking but also open to learning any new skills or activities. . I've just got back into the kayaking after a long long break, Been out a couple of times with Penny, which is how I heard about DMS. Am really enjoying the paddling but so far spending a fair amount of in the water....but that will get better, hopefully.. Have a camper and head over to the lakes a fair amount when I can, walking and cycling. All types of cycling, just love being on the bike...have MTB and a cross.
Am living in Washington and do struggle a bit for free time, teenage kids, work and stuff but really want to try and get out more and hopefully meet some new people along the way.
Jason
sam
Committee Member
How Did You Hear About the Club?: 0

Re: Another new member?

Post by sam »

Hi Jason, the best way to meet new members is to come to the pub night on the first Tuesday of the month at the Tap and Spile. The next one is on the 4th Feb and starts from 8pm. There will be a few members there and its a good way of finding out what is happening over the next few months. There are trips away each month and people go climbing, walking and cycling.
We are looking to get the mountain biking going with a ride on Thursday night. You will need lights, helmet and beer money :D
There is climbing on Tuesday nights and check out the days out section for any walks etc that are on.
Hope that helps and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Also on Friday night the 24th we will be having a chill out evening at the Bridge and a few people should be there. Hope you can make the pub night.

Sam
www.starmassagetherapies.co.uk
For your customised holistic massage

Post by Guest »

Hi Sam,

thanks for the info, all sounds great. Is a shame but I cant make the bike ride this thursday....needing beer money sounds good as well.... I shall try to get along this friday though or if not the early feb meet instead

Jason
jasonh1967
Ex Member

Post by jasonh1967 »

Hi Sam,

thanks for the info, all sounds great. Is a shame but I cant make the bike ride this thursday....needing beer money sounds good as well.... I shall try to get along this friday though or if not the early feb meet instead

Jason
jasonh1967
Ex Member

Post by jasonh1967 »

Hi, I joined up last night and am really happy to have found the club and really looking forward to getting out on a weekend. Didn't put my name down for any last night as needed to check dates out. I would like to put myself on the reserve list for the coniston trip in march. Can't post a reply yet on the right thread as still registered as a guest.....sorry prob just need to be patient but wasn't sure how else to get a message through. I still working on freeing up the dates for the newlands trip in April but not sure yet. Thanks to all and looking forward to getting out and doing a bit of cycling, walking & paddling. Jason