This is the place to introduce yourself to the club online and ask any questions about where to start.
This forum is open to guests.

Moderator: Committee Member

Maddy92

Post by Maddy92 »

Hello. Thank you to Phil to replying to my email. Sorry I have left it a while to post anything up on here!

I'm Maddy, 23, live in Barnard Castle. I am really interested in developing my hill walking/scrambling with a view to mountaineering. I did do a bit of bouldering at University and worked as an outdoor activity instructor on a high ropes course for a year after uni though have never really had much instruction/development on the ropes in rock climbing. (So I guess I'm here to learn!)

So as I say, my main interests are the walking and scrambling over climbing but I also enjoy surfing and water based activities too. :)

I hope to come along to a pub meet to find out more.

Many thanks

Maddy
Hoblet
Paid Member
How Did You Hear About the Club?: 2

Re: New member

Post by Hoblet »

Hi Maddy,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your message it got trapped in the spam and I've only just spotted it... It would be great to see you at a pub meet, the kind of things you enjoy are exactly the sort of things we do.

We had a pub meet last night, our next one is Tuesday 2nd Feb, we meet at about 8pm at the Tap & Spile on the Front Street of Framwellgate Moor, please come along, I myself was terrified on first going into a pub meet alone, but not many of us bite and people will soon spot you and welcome you.

If there is anything on the forum that you see and fancy then post up and tag along even if it is before you join

Fiona :D